• We are back, rising from the ashes to glory. Soon we will restore most of the forum.

Beckham Back for England

FootballTalk365

Administrator
Staff member
It seems just yesterday that Steve McLaren was informing the press that Beckham's England days were over. But after a series of solid recent performances for Real Madrid, it looks like Becks will back at right half for England's friendly against Brazil on Friday.

McLaren also contradicts himself by saying a few months ago he was building for the future ...how can he be...by calling up Beckham!!!. Beckham has no future as a England Player his days are numbered !!! He has also called up into the squad Michael Owen who, along with Newcastle's Dyer are the only Players to be sponsored by BUPA :)

Wales Captain Ryan Giggs will retire from International Football after Saturdays 2008 Euro Qualifying Game against the Czech Republic !!!

David Beckham, in my opinion, will not boost Englands chances of winning anything. He will give them a morale boost, but nothing else. I think that his international days are over.

It is great that Beckham is back in terms of Englands qualification chances.

What was the manager to do?

Beckham was playing poorly at the time and he had no other option, he has dealt with the situation amicably, and obviously there were no hard feelings between the 2 for him to return to the squad

In recent times I think he's been really impressive for England, he was excellent against Belarus and Andorra though to be honest when he started against Holland he didn't play as well though against a much better team, he's going to get less time on the ball to find one of his sublime passes, so it's understandable.