• We are back, rising from the ashes to glory. Soon we will restore most of the forum.

Current England Team

It seems that for the first time since Alf Ramsey, England have a manager both respected and feared by the Players. I think this is a huge factor. I think they will need luck, Brazil and Spain are clearly more talented, but because of this manager, the climatic conditions and, the players available, we have one of the best chances ever. It's a pity we have such big question marks now over both central defenders and the goalkeeping position.
If Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson Rio Ferdinand and Aaron Lennon are fit and in form by June 11th, we do have a shout. Of course Rooney and Gerrard need to stay fit. Tonight against Egypt (Number 17 in FIFA rankings and winners of African Cup of Nations last 4 times) Michael Carrick looked top class as did Gareth Barry, while Frank Lampard again choked on two gilt edged chances. I'd replace Lampard with Carrick as he is a more natural holding player and most of England's good moves started with him. It's a pity Tom Huddlestone has just got injured as he has shown some real quality this year. He was getting into the squad.
We are about equal 3rd favourites after Brazil and Spain, with about 4 other usual suspects, Italy, Germany, France, Argentina.