• We are back, rising from the ashes to glory. Soon we will restore most of the forum.

The Worst Top-Flight Players ?

Who is/was the Worst Top-Flight Player ?

A few spring to mind, in no particular order.

Quinton Fortune Man Utd, Sergio Rebrov Spurs, John Jensen Arsenal, Pascal Cygan Arsenal, Marco Boogers West Ham,Roque junior Leeds,
Titus Bramble Newcastle/Wigan, Tomas Brolin Leeds/Crystal Palace, Igor Biscan Liverpool, Fernando Morientes Liverpool, Eric Djembe Djembe Man Utd, Ramon Vega Spurs, Helder Postiga Spurs,
Massimo Taibi Man Utd, Darren Bent Spurs, Jimmy Carter Liverpool/Arsenal, Winston Bogarde Chelsea, Jiri Jarosik Chelsea, David May Blackburn/Man Utd, Jan Kromkamp Liverpool, Ali Dia Southampton.

I'm surprised that Helder Postiga of Spurs is in the list. What's the reason to suggest that he qualify for the Worst Top-Flight Player title
He may not be playing at his best lately but does he deserve to be the worst???

Well, if there's anyone I could choose, I would still go for Titus Bramble. Missed time tackle, terrible clearance and off-field implicated in a rape case (although it has been cleared)

I think the worst of that lot was Ali Dia (Southampton) who somehow kidded the management he was George Weah's Cousin !!
He came on as a Sub, when Southampton played Everton, he was soo bad he was also substitued after 20 minutes !!

Probably desperately trying to convince someone He is a Didier Drogba's uncle

The only News i have of him (Ali Dia)is, that Graham Souness, the then manager of Southampton released him from his contract after only 2 weeks.
Ali Dia then went to play for Gateshead....and then just faded into obscurity