• We are back, rising from the ashes to glory. Soon we will restore most of the forum.

United need to buy Wesley Sneijder

United need a creative midfielder in the mould of Paul Scholes and I believe that Sneijder is the man for the job. Fletcher has grown into a good player, Anderson has yet to prove himself, Carrick has been very disappointing and if he was sold to fund the move for Sneijder it would be alright with me. Both Giggs and Scholes are on their very last lap, so with a view to the future united need the 25 year old Dutchman, and I mean right now!

I agree Man Utd need to buy, and I agree finding a solid replacement for Scholes/Giggs in the middle of the field is a priority.

But on the other side of the coin, Man U have shown in the past that they are able to win titles without unnecessarily extending the overdraft - where did Scholes and Giggs come from?

I have been impressed by Sneider in this WC. I think he would make a great replacement for Scholes and shares many of his attributes. He seems like he has the same graft rate as Scholes and is as, if not more, versatile when playing in different positions.